Generator housing, Power Pods & Drive Arms
on the generator assembly were in reasonable condition, only a little
work filling the tops of the cones with modelling putty was required.
I did find that there was some resin build up in side the holes for
the power pods, this was removed with a shape knife and a small half
round file. I test fitted the generator housing with the power pods
and vertical rails on the base. I had to remove Some of the surface
area from the generator base before the pods would fit into the locating
pip in the rails.
The rings at each end of the pods are required to be gold, so I masked off the white area between the two rings before spraying with the primer, after which I used the 18ct gold. There are a couple of decals supplied with the kit which fit on the tapered area between the rings, I fitted the decals as shown on the instruction sheet making sure I lined up the join with the hole on the outer ring. Fig 16
After priming the domes I used Humbrols white gloss spray for the final coat, I wanted a nice high gloss finish here to contrast the black pin striping.
The decals supplied by Lunar will not conform to the curved surface of the domes, but with another great tip from Ed Turner I used black Graphic tape. I used two different widths, a 1.59 mm for the outer line, and a 1.00mm for the lines which runs to the centre. I cut lunars decals up leaving about 5mm of the lines showing, I then attached these to the domes at the section where the horizontal rail would fit. I made sure they were laid in circle, this gave me the pitch run to the outer line. I touched in any imperfections with a gloss black enamel Fig 17.
Next: The completion of the machine.
Send Us E-mail
you entered this page from other than our main page
and you are not in a frame set (no page directory on the left)
Time Machine Project © 1998 Don Coleman
Web Site © 1999 Don Coleman
Web site created by Don Coleman
3727 W. Magnolia Blvd. #240
Burbank, CA 91505